There’s no doubt that beards continue to take the spotlight in the men’s grooming and fashion world. Sporting them is a way to spruce up your overall appearance, making you look appealing and sexy. The good thing is that it is no longer associated with looking dirty and unkempt. Yet, that doesn’t mean that you can just leave it to grow without managing it because it needs proper styling and regular care!
Fret not; we’ve prepared a rundown of several practical tips on how to sport the best beard look, no matter the season:
1. Know your facial shape and angle
While it’s true that almost all the gentlemen do grow a beard, it doesn't always work for everyone. If you’ve tried growing one in the past and you got crossed brows from people, you might think twice about whether or not it is right for you. The chances are that it isn’t suited for your facial shape and features. In such cases, you can perform some tweaks here and there and see what works for you. For this reason, you must know your angle and perfectly trim it—that will make all the difference!
2. Make it your swamp cooler
Did you know that your beard can act as a swamp cooler during summer? For the uninitiated, this air conditioning unit pushes air across a reservoir of water. It cools the air as the water absorbs and vaporizes in the process. As a result, the fans exude cold air, and it gets circulated inside the house. That’s exactly what your beard does during summer. As it gets warm and you begin to sweat, it will catch the cold breeze and eventually cool your face.
3. Grow it for warmth and comfort
On the other hand, growing a beard during winter makes all the difference in your comfort levels. In fact, it serves to keep you warm during the cold months. If you’re wondering how it works, your hair strands stand up and trap the heat close to your skin if and when you start to feel cold. Not only does it hold body heat in, but it also protects your skin against the wind chill. As the winter season is fast approaching, it’s a good idea to grow it for your warmth and comfort!
4. Take good care of your beard
As mentioned above, your beard needs to be properly taken care of so that it works wonders on your face. Below are some practical tips for you:
- Combat the itch: As you start to grow it, it’s easy to experience itchiness, particularly during the first two weeks of growth. Fret not, as there are various moisturizers in the market that you can apply to your face to soothe the irritation!
- Keep it always clean: As with any personal hygiene routine, cleaning or washing it will make all the difference in its maintenance. Be sure to wash your face twice a day—once in the morning and at night before bed. If it helps, purchase a shampoo best suited for it.
- Have a soft beard: Did you know that soft hair is healthy? If you want to have this, it is best to invest in beard care products, such as those available at Jericho Australia!
At this point, you now know how to pull off the best beard look in any season. All it takes is to know your facial shape and angle, make it your swamp cooler, grow it for warmth and comfort, and take good care of it. That said, be sure to follow the practical tips outlined above on how to maintain it. With all these, you’ll have the best beard ever that will kick your overall look up a notch!
Are you looking to maintain your beard? We’ve got you covered with our wide selection of beard care products in Australia—from oils and creams down to kits and accessories. What are you waiting for? Order over $50 worth of beard products today and get free shipping anywhere in Australia!